In addition to our Philosophy of Care, our Nursing Department has seven goals that guide our team's daily work. Our nurses are committed to:
- Caring for patients with acute and chronic illnesses, facilitating discharge planning and providing palliative care
- Providing comprehensive care that considers the patient’s social, emotional, cultural and physical needs
- Ensuring optimal patient care through objective, systematic monitoring, established standards and criteria-based evaluations
- Ongoing investigation of theories and implementation of techniques designed to improve patient care
- Recruiting, developing and retaining top-quality nurses and providing robust learning experiences for nursing students
- Creating and maintaining a progressive environment that fosters creativity, encourages personal and professional growth, and displays the performance of service standards
- Ensuring that the competency of all staff is assessed, maintained, demonstrated and continually improved.