Our Pharmacy team collaborates with healthcare providers throughout the hospital to identify the most effective medications and ensure they’re dispensed correctly and safely. Our experts take extraordinary care when preparing each of the over one million doses of medication dispensed at Montefiore Nyack Hospital each year.
Part of the Montefiore Health System, we offer a Postgraduate Year One program and a Postgraduate Year Two Residency program, which are structured to enhance the PharmD education. Read more about our PGY-1 and PGY-2 programs.
Services provided by the Pharmacy include:
- Clinical dispensing. A critical analysis of a patient’s medication needs, which includes a review for appropriate dosing, drug interactions and alternate treatment options.
- Pharmacokinetics. Our Pharmacy staff makes individualized dosing adjustments for select medications based on patient data, drug-specific information and mathematical modeling.
- Patient counseling. Patients will receive guidance about how to properly and safely take their medications after they leave the Hospital, and what they can expect while on the medication.
- Clinical consultations. Our Pharmacy staff proactively collaborates with other healthcare providers to identify the most effective treatment options for their patients and evaluate the efficacy and safety of the medications under consideration.
- Sterile and specialty compounding. We have specially designed, high-tech suites that provide a sterile environment for preparation of intravenous medications. We also customize medications for patients with unique needs.
- Chemotherapy/outpatient infusion. Our Pharmacy staff provides special attention to the medication needs of patients receiving chemotherapy or other infusion medications and uses advanced technologies to ensure intravenous medications are prepared in the most accurate and sterile way.
LEARN MOREFor information, call 845-348-2608.
For Information, Call