When it comes to stroke, “time lost is brain lost.” That’s why we maintain the most efficient protocols to care for our stroke patients.
Our Acute Stroke Team—available 24 hours a day, seven days a week—includes physicians and nurses specially trained in evaluating and caring for stroke patients. The Acute Stroke Team is backed by neuroimaging and laboratory technicians with special expertise in stroke. Our team delivers lifesaving care and works closely with hospital stroke specialists to develop your recovery plan.
Recognized for quality
Designated a Primary Stroke Center by the New York State Department of Health and recipient of the Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval®, Montefiore Nyack Hospital has met stringent standards and is recognized as best able to address the needs of a person having a stroke. Our staff will diagnose and treat stroke upon arrival at the FJ Borelli Family Emergency Center—when every second matters—with thrombolytic medication and comprehensive care.
We’ve also been recognized by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association with its Get With The Guidelines–Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award. This award recognizes the hospital’s commitment to ensuring stroke patients receive the most appropriate treatment according to nationally recognized, research-based guidelines based on the latest scientific evidence.
Call 911 if you notice:
- Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm, or leg (especially on one side of the body)
- Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding speech
- Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes
- Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination
- Sudden severe headache with no known cause
- In an emergency call 911
- Montefiore Nyack Hospital received the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines–Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award.
- Read why after a stroke, quick treatment is crucial.
In an emergency call