The Chest Pain Center at Montefiore Nyack Hospital is the first of its kind in Rockland County and features a team of cardiac emergency experts and the latest diagnostic equipment. If you’re experiencing heart symptoms, you’ll be seen immediately by our Chest Pain Center team.
Chest pain can have various causes—some are harmless and some, like a heart attack, can be life-threatening. Don’t ignore chest pain. To be safe, always call 911 or visit the Chest Pain Center at Montefiore Nyack Hospital, which is conveniently located in The FJ Borelli Family Emergency Center.
When to Seek Care
At the Chest Pain Center, you’ll receive immediate medical care for chest pain. Come see us if you have:
- Chest pain that doesn’t go away
- Chest pain more severe than you’ve ever had before
- Crushing pain or pressure in the chest
- Chest pain along with nausea, sweating, dizziness or shortness of breath
- Pain radiating to the arm, shoulder, upper abdomen, back, neck or jaw
- Experts in the Chest Pain Center will conduct a thorough evaluation to determine whether you’re experiencing a cardiac emergency. Treatment depends on the cause of the pain.
Though chest pain can be frightening, it doesn’t always mean you’re having a heart attack. Causes of chest pain include:
- Heart attack
- Other heart problems, such as pericarditis, mitral valve prolapse and angina
- Panic attacks
- Digestive problems, such as heartburn, esophagus disorders, ulcers and gallstones
- Muscle or tendon strain
- Lung diseases, such as pneumonia, pleurisy and pulmonary embolism
- Costochondritis, an inflammation of joints in your chest