Discover the Keys to Effective Pharmacy Leadership
Welcome to the PGY2 Residency in Health System Pharmacy Administration and Leadership Program at Montefiore Nyack Hospital! We are excited to introduce you to our comprehensive residency program designed to empower future pharmacy leaders with the skills, knowledge, and experience needed to excel in the dynamic field of healthcare pharmacy administration.
Montefiore Nyack Hospital is a leading healthcare institution located in Nyack, New York, only 25 miles north of New York City. With a rich history dating back to 1895, our hospital has continually evolved to provide high-quality, patient-centered care to our community. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation, education, and the pursuit of excellence in healthcare.
What to Expect from Our Residency Program
Our PGY2 Residency in Health System Pharmacy Administration and Leadership is a 12-month program that offers a challenging and rewarding experience for pharmacy professionals seeking to advance their careers. Residents in our program will:
- Develop Leadership Skills: Through mentorship and practical experience, residents will cultivate strong leadership skills necessary for managing pharmacy services in a healthcare system.
- Enhance Clinical Expertise: Residents will strengthen their clinical skills and gain a deeper understanding into the management of a clinical pharmacy service.
- Engage in Operational Management: Learn to optimize pharmacy operations by actively participating in drug utilization reviews, formulary management, and quality improvement initiatives.
- Contribute to Policy Development: Residents will have the opportunity to influence healthcare policies, procedures, and protocols by actively participating in various multidisciplinary committees.
- Advance Research Skills: Engage in research projects and outcomes assessment, fostering evidence-based practice and innovation in pharmacy services.
Clinical and Operational Management
Quality, Safety, and Process Management
Human Resource Management
Medication use policies, medication safety committee, and formulary management
Operating budget reconciliation
Schedule and payroll management
Supply chain management
Teaching certificate of other leadership credentials
340B audit and follow-up
Clinical informatics and technology
Select clinical rotations and/or rotations in procedural areas: Operating Room, Radiology, etc.
- Dispensing - two shifts per month
- Preparation of a Medication Use Evaluation or Quality Improvement project
- Completion of a research project and submission of a manual for publication
- Provide, at a minimum, the following: six (6) end-of-rotation patient case presentations; four (4) journal clubs; one (1) pharmacy staff education program, and one (1) nursing in-service
- Participate in various multidisciplinary committees