The Acute Stroke Team at Montefiore Nyack Hospital’s FJ Borelli Family Emergency Center includes board-certified neurologists and nurses specially trained in evaluating and caring for stroke patients round the clock, seven days a week.
Diagnosis and treatment services include:
- Acute Stroke Team trained in diagnosing and treating stroke
- A dedicated stroke unit with specialized monitoring and nursing care
- On-site neurological services, including neuroimaging and laboratory services
- Inpatient rehabilitation services, including physical, occupational and speech therapies
- Patient and family education on stroke recovery
- Referrals to facilitate patient transfer for rehabilitation services
For stroke emergencies, dial 911.
In an emergency call