Movement means everything. When your hips or knees ache, feel stiff or cause pain, even the simplest everyday task can be difficult. The Joint Replacement Center at Montefiore Nyack Hospital performs hundreds of hip and knee replacements each year—using state-of-the-art techniques, including robotic-assisted surgery, to minimize complications and enhance the performance of implanted joints. Our specially trained, board-certified orthopedic surgeons will get you moving again and help you return to the activities and sports you love.
Throughout the joint replacement process—before and after surgery and during rehabilitation—you’ll have a member of our multidisciplinary joint replacement team by your side. Most of our patients return to active, pain-free lifestyles faster than they ever imagined.
The Joint Replacement Center at Montefiore Nyack Hospital is a recipient of The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval for both its hip and knee joint replacement programs. It was the first to achieve this distinction in the lower Hudson Valley.
Joint Pain: Common Causes
Many conditions can damage the hip and knee joints creating a need for joint replacement. These include:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Traumatic arthritis resulting from an injury
- Fractures, torn cartilage and/or torn ligaments
Joint replacement surgery is a procedure in which an orthopedic surgeon removes part or all of a diseased or damaged joint—most commonly the knee or hip—and inserts a prosthetic as replacement.
Is Joint Replacement Right for You?
If you want to continue living a full and productive life, but the pain of your deteriorating knee or hip and the resulting disability is getting in the way, it might be time to consider joint replacement surgery. Ask Yourself:
- Have I tried (or discussed with my doctor) more conservative approaches, including oral analgesics and other alternatives to knee or hip replacement?
- Is my pain so severe that I feel exhausted?
- Is my disability interfering with my daily routine, ability to earn a living or my personal relationships?
- Is it keeping me from recreational activities I’ve always enjoyed?
- Do I feel older than I am? Were it not for my knee/hip, would I feel younger?
Joint replacement is not just for seniors. People in middle adulthood are also reaping the benefits of total joint replacement.
- For Information call 845-348-7489
- Our orthopedic surgeons are specially trained in robotic-assisted knee replacement surgery.
- The Joint Replacement Center participates in Medicare’s Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement quality-assurance program. Learn more: